cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nprinting 17 Tasks run "forever"

Dear Community

I've ran into another problem: I created a test report and tried to start the task via Run Now. But nothing happens, no mail is sent. In the

Tasklist (yourserver.cc:4993/#/tasks/executions) i get the following picture:

28-06-_2017_16-52-16.png

All the Tasks are running but at 0%. Does anyone have an idea whats the problem here?

Kind Reagrds

EDIT: I have now upgraded to June version of nPrinting. This has improved the performance and added some functionality. As mentioned bellow, I expect / hope performance will further improve with coming updates, however now we can at least work with the tool.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I suggest you

• remove all those tasks from your publish scheduler,
  • restart services and
  • start over.

Those tasks will try to generate reports forever untill they either fail or time out. I think it is better to kill them, test them in preview, test SMTP or better distribute to NewsStand first and then use it with SMTP .

If you do not remove task from publish task list they will startover after you restart services, so you have to remove them if you want to kill them!

I also suggest an upgrade to June 2017 version which has abort task property!!!

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

1. Have you looked in the logs for more detail.

2. Perhaps your SMTP Settings arent setup correctly.

3. Have you previewed the report in designer and checked it generates before you created the task.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I suggest you

• remove all those tasks from your publish scheduler,
  • restart services and
  • start over.

Those tasks will try to generate reports forever untill they either fail or time out. I think it is better to kill them, test them in preview, test SMTP or better distribute to NewsStand first and then use it with SMTP .

If you do not remove task from publish task list they will startover after you restart services, so you have to remove them if you want to kill them!

I also suggest an upgrade to June 2017 version which has abort task property!!!

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Andy

Thanks for your inputs.

1. Yes I have. Found a few errors but in general they look good.

2. No, SMTP is ok. I have run other tests and Emails were sent.

3. I've tried. But it takes more than 10 Minutes and the hint was to try it with a task... But it guess this is the problem. Some performance issues.

For example This table (nothinh else in the report):

29-06-_2017_09-20-54.png

Takes mor than 10 Minutes for preview?

In QlikView, everything works just fine. The Chart looks like this:

29-06-_2017_09-17-53.png

Although these charts have five formulas (in variables). Some pretty long set analysis in the script:

29-06-_2017_09-25-48.png

Could this have an impact on the nprinting performance?

Best regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Lech

Thank you for your help. Yes, i figuerd that out after restarting the services several times. So the task are gone now. Where can I download the nPrinting updates? Dou you know that by any chance?

Best regards

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

How large is the app you are sourcing the data from?

What is the spec of your server.  perhaps it is under powered for what you are trying to do. Look at the white paper on performance for guidence.

Also what you might want to try is adding a report filter to it that reduces the data down to a point the preview runs successfully.

I know I had trouble getting reports to run until I threw a number of cores and memory at it.

17 although improved from .3 onwards is still not as efficient at processing reports as 16 was.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

You can download Qlik NPrinting from the official download portal Business Intelligence | Data Visualization Tools | Qlik. As customer you should have a login.

Then click on Account and select Support portal.

Click on Software download, apply the filters and download NPrinting.

To upgrade refer to Qlik NPrinting upgrade ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Stefan,

regarding performance - are you using LOCAL or QVP connection to qvw document?

i strongly suggest QVP to improve performance!

regards

Lech

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Andy

Abou 350 MB.

Server Specs:

29-06-_2017_10-44-54.png

But we run both (NPrinting & Qlikview) on the same machine. However, even after starting a Preview request in Nprinting the RAM on the server are only used up to 37%. CPU is used up to 27%. And we use different Users for Nprinting and Qlikview.

Will try the filter thing later today or next week.

Thank you for your inputs!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Lech

Yeas, we use QVP Connections.

best regards

Stefan