cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcoyukon
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense Apps / Source Control

I am looking for a solution to deserialize qlik apps for source control versioning and then be able to serialize the app back to the native .qvf file should a rollback to a prior version is needed, etc. I found on qlik branch QS-backup-and-restore-app, but I am having issues with it. Is there an alternative solution ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcoyukon
Creator
Creator
Author

I've downloaded QMC Utilities once, but did not realize there was a backup / restore option. Thank you, will give it a try..

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The Qlik Sense QMC Utilities

provide a "Source Control Assistant" module.

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are some external tools on the market which offer this possibility of versioning. IN4BI's Platform Manager for example.

marcoyukon
Creator
Creator
Author

I've downloaded QMC Utilities once, but did not realize there was a backup / restore option. Thank you, will give it a try..

marcoyukon
Creator
Creator
Author

I tried the backup/restore option using QMC Utilities and noticed it is possible to download the full app (without the data :--) serialized to json files, basically all the objects metadata contained in an app. Then was able to upload the generated zip to TFS for each iteration of an app development. Luckily, The tool I use to compare versions (Beyond Compare) integrates well with TFS and can compare files contained in two different zip archives changesets . The process isn't perfect, but it better keeping copies of apps exported via QMC in a network drive and allows me to rollback to a previous iteration, by downloading a version and uploading it via QMC Utilities. It would be great if Qlik could develop a better process for easy versioning steps as part of the core product. Thanks for that piece of info, it helped a lot.