Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikconsult
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlikview Desktop - Excel Export - Insert Rows

Hi fellow Qliks

I have written a macro (really copied from previous community examples) which exports a straight table object into a existing excel file.

The excel file a sort of a template where other content already exist (headers / footers / logo etc)

My challenge is that the number of rows in the table can vary from selection to selection, but I want to insert (copy) the table between content and then only have 1 clean excel row between the exported table and the existing content in the worksheet.

I'm attaching an example

- The "Template.xlsx" file which is the existing excel template (must be copied into the C:\ drive of your computer (or change it on the macro script to new location"

- The .qvw file with the straight table and the export macro (trigger from button)

- The excel file "Results.xlsx" showing the end result I want to achieve (you will notice the original content in row 6 has moved down)

I want the macro to paste the table into cell "A4" and then the content in row 6 (which is a block where person must sign) must move down so that it appear after the inserted table,

So I would imagine that it should do a copy-insert or something else to allow it, but I'm not sure how to do this. I know nPrinting does this beautifully, but unfortunately we do not have this luxury.

Any help / suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks

Jan-Hendrik

3 Replies
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Jan-Hendrik,

Could you post expected output by manually copying the table result? I am not sure how it should look like, so it would be nice to have your desired output to help you further. Thanks. 

qlikconsult
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

thanks so much for your interest,

I have added the excel file "Results.xlsx"to my original post which shows the end result I am looking for

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Jan-Hendrik,

I will respond to you once I finished my work.