Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaykay234
Contributor II
Contributor II

Is there a way to sync only a particular user from a user directory instead of syncing entire UDC?

Hi,

I have more than 50K users in my application database and want to sync up all users to Qlik Server. Also, their attributes are getting set or updated real time.

Initial UDC sync takes about 20mins but consecutive sync takes 2 to 3 mins which too big for a real-time app. Is there any API that can sync or update particular users attribute without impacting existing users?

Any help is much appreciated, Thanks

Thanks,

JK 

4 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

In the UDC, you can set a LDAP filter to select only a specific user

jaykay234
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Sorry, I must have added that UDC Via ODBC

user attribute values are constantly getting updates or inserts, so is there any way can we update only the particular user rather than going to user directory sync since we have a humongous user table sync which takes more than 3 mins. And we need to provide real time access to the user as soon as the attribute table is updated in the DB.

Not applicable

Is this a continuous requirement, or one-off? We had to make some changes with UDC sync and noticed that currently the best way is to go straight to the repository database... but that's something at least I'm only ready to do with backups etc care. But for one-off, I'd do it again.

jaykay234
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Its a Continuous Requirement for us these attributes gets updated real time, is there any documentation on repository database APIs I can refer.