Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smeenakshi23
Creator II
Creator II

Summary Percentage Issue.

Hello,

Is there an issue in displaying Summary percentage in Qlik Nprinting 16 ?

Regards,

Sound

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Please add some details.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Please add some details.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

do couple screenshots:

• what you have a s a source
  • what you are dooing?
  • what you are trying to achieve?

add more details (precise details - as depending on them you may have 10 different answers)  to it and we will take it from there.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Smeenakshi23
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Using Nested Levels(USage date and few fields) I have created a pixel perfect report, Summary values are populating correctly on calculating the particular filed say for example sum(Sales)  and Sum(Profit). But when i tried to calculate the Summary percentage (if sum(sales)=0,'100%',sum(profit)/sum(sales)). the value is not populating correctly. It calculates for the last usage date level of the table instead of calculating it for whole the table.

Screenshot attached for your reference.

example.png

ex 2.JPG

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I created a working example by following the steps:

1. Create a calculated field in the LEvles node
  2. Insert the expression Iif([].Sum([Gross Profit]) != 0,  [].Sum([Gross Profit]) / [].Sum([Total Sales]), 0) Customize it to met your needs.
  3. Drag and drop the calculated field into the group footer

The result is correct with the sample date I used.

Please let me know if this helps.

Best,

Ruggero

PxP Percentual Total.png

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Smeenakshi23
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello,

I tried the above steps. Still it is taking only the last line of the table 😞 ( not the whole )

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Yes, the above steps are to calculate the percentage only of the last line of the table because it is the only that is necessary to be calculated. The percentage for  each detail row is already calculated in the field GP%, so you need only to drag and drop it from the Levels node into the template and to format it as you prefer.

Of course, if you prefer, you can add another calculated field to show the percentage of each row but in cases like this one, where the field is already available in the source object, I suggest to use the original field to avoid unuseful calculation during the report generation. Re-calculating it will slow down the reports production speed because.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Smeenakshi23
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks a lot 🙂

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

If your question is now answered, please flag the Correct Answer (via the big "Correct Answer" button near every post; not visible in preview) and Helpful Answers (found under the Actions menu under every post).

If not, please make clear what part of this topic you still need help with .

May you live in interesting times!
Smeenakshi23
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello,

The answer  mentioned by Ruggero Piccoli is absolutely correct. But I couldn't see the  correct answer button anywhere in the post.

correct answer.JPG