cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nprinting 17 Tasks run "forever"

Dear Community

I've ran into another problem: I created a test report and tried to start the task via Run Now. But nothing happens, no mail is sent. In the

Tasklist (yourserver.cc:4993/#/tasks/executions) i get the following picture:

28-06-_2017_16-52-16.png

All the Tasks are running but at 0%. Does anyone have an idea whats the problem here?

Kind Reagrds

EDIT: I have now upgraded to June version of nPrinting. This has improved the performance and added some functionality. As mentioned bellow, I expect / hope performance will further improve with coming updates, however now we can at least work with the tool.

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks!

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Yes, experience suggests that formulas in QlikView objects can degrade performances.

If you have performances issues, my suggestions are:

- if possible clone the QlikView document and create one used only as data source for reporting. Include only the data and charts that are necessary for reporting.

- save the QlikView document with all objects minimized. This reduce the QlikView document opening time.

- if possible move formulas from objects to the script. Formula values in the script are calculated during the reload and stored ready. Instead formulas in the objects are calculated when you open the .qvw and re-calculated every time you apply filters. This slow down NPrinting performances. For example inserting a QlikView object into a NPrinting Level means that NPrinting apply a filter for each value of the level, QlikView formula are re-calcularted for each value of the level and the the object is exporte to be inserted into the report. If formulas are complex the total amount of time can be big.

Best,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruggero

Thanks for the inputs.

There was a misunderstanding: We have the formulas created in the script and load them in variables. These variables are then assigned to the objects. I guess that is best practice in any case?

I have now upgraded to June version and performance has improved. Not yet what I expect, but now we can work with the tool. For the time being we will generate excel reports and send them as PDFs. This seems to work pretty well. Even though the eventual goal is to use high quality images of the current dashboard so we don't have to rebuild the charts we already have built in QlikView.

I guess upgrading to june version is best thing you can do right now to improve peformance.

Best Regards

Stefan

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Yes, I agree. Calculating the formulas in the script helps to get faster report creation. The idea is to limit the number of calculations and selections that are necessary to generate the date needed by the report.

You can also evaluate to increase the number of Qlik NPrintng Engines.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.