cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help - Corrupt Installation File

Hi,

Last year I downloaded and installed Qlik sense 3.0.2.0 to try it out

This worked fine. Haven't used it for about 3 or 4 months. Decided to start playing with it again as I need to advise my client of an appropriate tool to use.

When starting the version I had, got a message saying it had expired and I needed to download a new version. clicked the download link and the Qlik_Sense_Desktop_setup.exe file was downloaded.

when I tried to install, got the message box :

Installation failed

Corrupt installation file

The Qlik Sense Desktop package could not be extracted. Please verify that the setup file........is OK. Downloading a new copy of the file is the most common solution to the problem.

I tried downloading via the link provided. Same issue. I then went to the download site and tried downloading from there. . . Same issue.

I then tried uninstalling the old version first before running the setup.  same issue.

Please help

2 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

The free desktop expires a few weeks or months after a new release of the software is out.

If for whatever reason the update fails, as seems to happen in your case, I suggest de-installing it and download the latest (free) version from our website. To do so, go here:

Download Free Data Visualization Development Platform

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Onno,

I downloaded the Qlik_Sense_Desktop_setup.exe from the link you provided and tried running it.

Got the same issue.

Am running on an ASUS laptop, 64 bit MS Windows 10 Home. have 8gb RAM and 500gb free space on my hard drive.

Issue appears to occur when extracting the data/folders from the download. Is there anywhere I can download the uncompressed files ?