Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

How to pass the parameter in R integrated Qlik?

Hello all,

I am using the beta version of Qlik Sense. Which can be downloaded from this community https://community.qlik.com/blogs/technicalbulletin/2016/10/19/join-the-community-for-advanced-analyt...

After integrating Qlik Sense with R successfully, I checked the example file TimeSeries Analysis App given by Qlik itself. In which, the example demonstrates HoltWinter forecasting passing parameter beta = FALSE and gamma = FALSE. Expression as follows,

R.ScriptEval('library(TTR);library(forecast);data.frame(forecast(HoltWinters(.arg1, beta = FALSE, gamma = FALSE), h=10))[,1]', Sum(Rain))

I tried to tweak the forecast by changing gamma = 0.1, beta = 0 and another parameter of HoltWinter function alpha = 1. The expression didn't work. Only exponential smoothing parameter(beta) works.

I am looking for the reason why it isn't working?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

So far, the Integration works well. There are two possible reasons for this error,

1) The forecasting data should be in the class of ts().

2) The forecasting data should have at least two years of data.

R.ScriptEval('library(TTR);library(forecast);data.frame(forecast(HoltWinters(ts(q$sumRain,start=c(1813), end=c(1912), frequency = 1), alpha = 0.598, beta=0, gamma=0.904), h=$(RainNumberOfYears)))[,1]', Sum(rain) as sumRain)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

for what you asking for I have to look deeper inside Qlik + R integration, but now I have no time to do it.

would be great if you let us know what your app goal is and how you'll achieve it.

mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your time.

Consider if my data shows seasonal behavior, then I must pass Alpha(Base), beta(Smoothing) and gamma(Seasonality) parameter inside the holtwinder function for a better forecast. So I wanted to forecast this kind data with proper explanation in my app not just like that.

Any explanation on it isn't working will be much helpful.

Regards,

Mohan

mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

So far, the Integration works well. There are two possible reasons for this error,

1) The forecasting data should be in the class of ts().

2) The forecasting data should have at least two years of data.

R.ScriptEval('library(TTR);library(forecast);data.frame(forecast(HoltWinters(ts(q$sumRain,start=c(1813), end=c(1912), frequency = 1), alpha = 0.598, beta=0, gamma=0.904), h=$(RainNumberOfYears)))[,1]', Sum(rain) as sumRain)