Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanadm19
Contributor III
Contributor III

Embedding an HTML report in an email - NPrinting 17.4 (June 2017)

Hello,

I was looking for a way to embed a qlikview table within an email message (as an image or other) using Qlik NPrinting and I noticed that the help file refers to embedding but does not clearly state how. I know this wasn't possible with earlier versions but does this help statement mean that this feature is finally available? If yes, how would one go about using it? Currently when I try this, the html reports comes out as an attachment with the email instead of being embedded.

Qnp_01.png

The version I installed is 17.4. Has anyone tried this?

Thanks for all help and comments.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

There is an error on the help site. I'm sorry for this.

Qlik NPrinting 17.* does not support embedding HTML reports into email messagges. This is supported only by Qlik NPrinting 16.*.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Will this work for you? How to Embed an HTML Report into the Body of an E-mail Message

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
sanadm19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Anil, I think that was on an older version. The new Qlik NP doesn't show an option to do that.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

There is an error on the help site. I'm sorry for this.

Qlik NPrinting 17.* does not support embedding HTML reports into email messagges. This is supported only by Qlik NPrinting 16.*.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
sanadm19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks, Ruggero.

Any idea if embedding could be reinstated anytime soon? I know colleagues and friends who use this feature and won't upgrade for this reason.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Yes, the plan we have at the moment is to release it next November.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Ruggero,

just to make sure - that is November 2018?

Matus

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi Matus,

No, next November will be November 2017. This is the pan we have now. As you now plans can change.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

Great,

thanks for the clarification.

Matus