Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Remove table charts that are empty on level reports with NPrinting

Hello,

I am learning how to create reports with Nprinting. I am currently working with on an HR Qlikview document to create a level report. The report will contain a table of employees from different department(chart property object) with clocking issues. I used the manager's field as level.

The issue now is that  there are some managers without employees with clocking issues and therefore the table is empty. I would like to remove those empty tables from my report. I have created a condition with chart that has values and then applied it to my report but it does not work.

I have attached an image of my report. Can someople help please?

Thanks.

Tatiana

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Column headers appear because they are fixed strings in Excel cells.

Instead of drag and drop eache single column, drag and drop the entire object from the Tables node.

If it is not clear please post a screenshot of the template.

Best regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

That is exactly what i did. I dragged and dropped the entire object.

Please find attached a screenshot of the template.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

The reason of Excel rows with column headers but without data is that the manager exists in the filtered dataset (a Level is a filter) but the employee table has no rows.

You could create a new straight table with the manager (the field you are now using in the Levles node) as first column and the count of distinct employees with clocking issues. That new table will not have rows for managers who have all employees right. Save the QlikView document and re-generate the cache. Than replace the manager in the Levels node with this new object and run the preview again.

Let me know if this works.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.