Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dberkesacn
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

QlikSense Variable Overview

Hi,

can the variable overview be hidden, since I am facing that in the QlikSense edit mode, although I haven't seen any reference regarding hiding / showing variable overview in the help.

Thanks,

Daniel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Oh ok, because in your original thread post you explicitly asked whether it can be hidden.

You can only view the variable editor on unpublished apps, once it's in a stream you won't be able to fiddle with variables as far as I know.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Variables belong to App.Objects resource which means they can be referenced to in security rules and prevent users from being able to "Read" that resource.

dberkesacn
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

So the admin hided the overview at the QMC?

OmarBenSalem

That's not the variables but the application's fields you're refering to.

In fact, when an application is published to a stream, users who have access to the app can only use master items (master dimensions and master measures) created by the author of the application.

With that, Qlik want to encourages the use of master items, so that:

Developer: do all the 'difficul' work; create the app; have control of the dimensions/measures to use, prepare everything

final users: performs analysis, create new chart by simple drag and drops without having to build complex measures.

=> Governd self bi for better results

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Not 100% sure what you're trying to achieve as I think you refer to variables in a different context than me.

Maybe you can possibly elaborate a bit more on your use case?

dberkesacn
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

check this picture and the picture in the first comment.

variableoverview2.jpg

dberkesacn
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

please check the 2nd pic and the 1st.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Understood - and you want to hide it, correct?

dberkesacn
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

no I wanna see it, it is hidden in an App.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Oh ok, because in your original thread post you explicitly asked whether it can be hidden.

You can only view the variable editor on unpublished apps, once it's in a stream you won't be able to fiddle with variables as far as I know.