Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ljdlumley
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is it possible to label specific bubbles in scatter chart?

Is it possible to label only a few points on a scatter chart, I can only find options that show all the labels (if the limit is not exceeded) which looks really messy as they all overlap or no labels. I just want to label 6 out of over 100 points. The pop up works ok but I'd like at a glance to see which of my 6 items is where.

One way I thought of would be to make them a different colour but that would need cross referencing to a legend to find out which colour related to which of the dimension values.

Any thoughts?

John

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

As far as I know, you can't control the labeling individually (Antonio's post refers to a setting that doesn't work on scatter charts). I agree with your suggested approach of using color, which can be controlled. You could include the note using chart reference text or externally using a text box.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi John,

maybe

Regards,

Antonio

Or
MVP
MVP

As far as I know, you can't control the labeling individually (Antonio's post refers to a setting that doesn't work on scatter charts). I agree with your suggested approach of using color, which can be controlled. You could include the note using chart reference text or externally using a text box.

ljdlumley
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Or, it would be nice to be able to label a few points or even just the outliers but I guess I'll have to use the colours which isn't as good a solution.

John