Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Upgrading Qlik Sense -- Backup of Repository Database

I am trying to upgrade Qlik Sense 2.2.4 to Qlik Sense 3.1.

Questions:

1. Do we need to take a backup of the Repository Database?

2. I did go through help and for backing up the repository database, it suggests the following steps:

Make a backup of the repository database:

1. Open the Command Prompt in Microsoft Windows.
  2. Produce a dumpfile for the repository database (that is, a single file for the entire database):
      1. cd "C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\<database version>\bin"
      2. pg_dump.exe -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres -b -F t -f "c:\QSR_backup.tar" QSR
      3. If you are prompted for the
    PostgreSQL super user password, enter the password that was given during the installation of Qlik Sense.
    1. Make a backup of the dumpfile for the repository database.

But in my case I dont find the "bin" folder in my "PostgreSQL\9.3" folder?

3. Further, I dont see the Repository Snapshot Manager, to have the backup of the Repository Database?

The help says : The RSM is available in %ProgramFiles%\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Util\RepositorySnapshotManager after installation of the Qlik Sense software.

How can I take the backup of the repository database with above circumstances?

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You should have the repository password, and that is what it asks while taking the back.

In case you did not set the password, follow the link to re-set the password:

Change/add password to repository database

rajendra1918
Creator
Creator

Hi Ashutosh- Thanks for your suggestion,

I have followed the steps to take backup.

Getting below error.

C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.3\bin>pg_dump.exe -h localhost -p 4432 -U qliksenserepository -b -F t -f "c:\QSR_backup.tar

Password:

pg_dump: [archiver (db)] connection to database "qliksenserepository" failed: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "qliksenserepository"

Can you please suggest any idea to take backup?

Not applicable
Author

I think you still have the problem with repository password, which will be required for taking the back-up.

The below link lets you download a document which gives the exact steps to re-set the password. Try this again, and then take the back-up.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiGofrblvXU...

rajendra1918
Creator
Creator

Helpful document.

Thank you so much Ashutosh!!

Not applicable
Author

Glad it helped!!!