i followed the steps but no result thus far

maps.google.com is working

i attached my project

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jochem,

Is it a problem with data or with the map ?

Maybe you have a proxy problem as in my company.

You can try to open an url (file menu) with maps.google.com

After it works fine.

Jean-Jacques

Not applicable
Author

The map is not showing

I tried from the qlikview startpage the 'google maps sample'

i followed the steps but no result thus far

maps.google.com is working

i attached my project

Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

Jochem

Its down to thousand and decimal separators. Your file has a default (MAIN tab of script) based on European standards (apologies UK). The sample Google map code where var_mid_lat and var_mid_long are specified has UK/US standard notation of '.' for decimal and ',' for thousands. I couldnt work out why the variables var_mid_lat and var_mid_long weren't being calculated and then changed the doc settings. I believe if you wish to change the Google code to conform to Euro standards you may also need to look at changing the inline data format

John T

Not applicable
Author

Thanx John! I will have a look at it.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Changing the "," &."." worked for me. Also had to change the transparancy of the image to 0%.

Thanks for the help.

Not applicable
Author

Bom dia Jochem,

você deve converter os campos: latitude, longitude para o tipo numero, eles estão no formato de texto.

Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

For those that fixed this for the Uk./.. would you mind sharing an example with me?

thanks

Ciara

Not applicable
Author

I can not get the maps to work for love nor money in the UK.  The map shows, there is data there but the bubbles are all over the place.  I use the Geocoding API to get that data so am confident it is not that issue.  I tried for weeks and ended up taking an axe to my pc.

Not applicable
Author

Instead of taking an axe to you computer 🙂 I advise you to try out another map service. IdevioMaps is available to Qlikview 10 as an extension object. IdevioMaps is faster and more interactive than GM. Visit www.idevio.com for more info and demos.