Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Date problem

Hello everyone !

I have two types of date : an enter date and an exit date ( DD-MM-YYYY ). I'd like to merge this two cells and have this display MM-YYYY.

How can I do ??

Thank you 😃

13 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi Annie,

the problem is that QlikView added a synthetic key because Name and Lastname are identical in tables Exit and Enter (you can see this in Table View CTRL-T).

If you have a data scheme like this, I think Erichs approach is more practicable since it does not only merge the date field, but also the Names and Lastname and add a flag for the event.

In the graph, either use two dimesions (first Date, then Fact) or if you want two graphs,

use

=sum(if (Fact='Enter',1))

resp.

=sum(if (Fact='Exit',1))

as expression (and only Date as dimension).

I don't have the xls Files, so I couldn't adapt your sample and try, but I think this should work.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

I'm really really sorry.. it doesn't work... I add my excel file. Thank you very very much for your patience and your help !

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi Annie,

I worked on your example, please have a look.

I used Erichs approach for the load script, but used an additional monthstart for the dates to limit all events in a month to the same date.

(That's why you had more than one list entries before). If you need the detail date data, Remove this monthstart from the script and add it to the list box / graph calculated dimensions).

I added also the expressions for the graphs to show the appropriate events only.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much Stefan ! That's exactly what I want !