Did you mean: 
woshua5550
Creator III
Creator III

Failed to send email by Nprinting June 2017

Hi,experts

I deployed Nprinting June 2017 on my server and supposed everything works fine

But it can't send email , the schedule log said

"Failed to send e-mail for bucket f3fec9b6-2025-4e6c-ab97-cd374f40b083. Syntax error in parameters or arguments. The server response was: mail from address must be same as authorization user"

What does it means ?What should I do? Plz help

1 Reply
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

It seems that your SMTP server is configured to send only emails with that have the same email address in the "From" field and that you used to authenticates into the SMTP Server.

This is done sometimes as an anti-spam solution.

You can try to solve by configuring the Qlik NPrinting "Default sender e-mail" with the same email address you used to authenticate. As alternative you can configure your SMTP server to allow that the "From" Address differs from the authenticated user.

To configure SMTP in Qlik NPrinting refer to Configure SMTP Server ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.