Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help! Chart function to work out volume?

I'm trying to make a bar chart to show the comparison between the volume of change orders and the volume of purchase orders (issued to the same vendor). I think the way to do this is to count the changeorder_number and the purchaseorder_num - I want to count to instances of these numbers to get the volume. Eg, lets say there were three change orders A, B and C. The volume would be three. I used the count function in the expression - is this correct?

10 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi kiwichickny,

that's a pretty hard work for an interview!

I would keep the diagrams also simple as possible. Use different, separate charts if you show separate data, e.g. change orders by project manager and purchase orders by vendor.

As far as I understand the task, I would use multiple dimensions to group the data (e.g. "Plus I have to group by managing office and vendor." --> just add managing office as first dimension and vendor as second, Expression only purchase orders, as mentioned above).

But here you have a hell of flexibility and you should elaborate with the customer what the expectation is (or how to interpret the written task).

Regards and have a nice day (I am leaving now),

Stefan