sujith1011
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Trying to Configure UDC on ORACle ODBC

I need help in configuring UDC on ORACLE ODBC

I have created Oracle ODBC using the 64 bit version of ODBC

Table name = Entity

Attributes Table name = Groups

Visible Connection String = Driver={Oracle in OraClient11g_home1};dbq=ORACLEODBC;uid=scott;pwd=tiger;

I keep getting

UDC is not configured

UDC is not operational

Note : I also have 32 bit ODBC driver on the server

Please help me fix this.

9 Replies
Not applicable

Please review this help page for setting up the structure of the users and attributes tables for the ODBC udc.  Your table names look oddly like the names used in QlikView.  The structure of a QlikView ODBC DSC tables and Qlik Sense ODBC udc is significantly different.

Here is the Qlik Sense help I mentioned earlier:

http://help.qlik.com/sense/2.0/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/ODBC-example.ht...

Have you tested your general oracle connection to make sure it works?  I'm assuming you have.

jg

sujith1011
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Jeff,

The URL you provided has generic ODBC configuration with an example for .csv files,

I did some modification, in the visible connection string, not it seems to spin for a while and then fails

with Timeout error

Driver={Oracle in OraClient11g_home1};Dbq=myTNSServiceName;Uid=myUsername;Pwd=myPassword;

myTNSServiceName is the entry in Tnsnames.ora file

I got the connection information from

https://www.connectionstrings.com/oracle-in-oraclient11g_home1/

now i am receiving

UDC is not configured,  because  "The Operation has timed out"

sujith1011
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Has anyone been successful in configuring UDC against Oracle Database. in QlikSense

I have successfully connected to other ODBC Sources, connecting to Oracle is still an issue

From the logs :

Error when validating tables: ERROR [HYT00] [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation

Can Anyone please confirm if the information in the connect strings is good for oracle ?

Driver={Oracle in OraClient11g_home1};Dbq=myTNSServiceName;Uid=myUsername;Pwd=myPassword;

sujith1011
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I have successfully configured UDC with Oracle ODBC Drivers

No Issue with Connection String, Just configured latest Oracle Drivers to fix this issue.

Not applicable

Hey,  how come with the user access, is there any specific rules about the database structure?

ansarikashif2017

Hi Sujith Madhavan,

Which version of the dirver resolved the issue? I have installed Oracle 12c driver but to no avail.

Regards,

Kashif

ansarikashif2017

Also, DBQ that you have used is that the tnsname or we need to create a system DSN and give that name against DBQ?

ansarikashif2017

Hi sujith1011‌,

Can you let us know the above info? It would be great.

ansarikashif2017

Hi jog,

Would you have any insights on the above?