Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to show totals row for all dimensions in pivot table

Hello,

I'm working on an app that will mostly be used by a TCO team, so I have several different places where I'm using a pivot table to be able to slice and dice spending data. I've organized the pivot table with the date dimension in columns, and multiple dimensions in rows, that can be moved around and filtered down with selections.

Right now, only the first dimension I added (Application Name) has an option to show a totals row, so if you're viewing the table with any other dimension in front of it, the totals row disappears. Is there a way to keep a totals row on top, no matter how I choose to order the dimensions? My company is really anti-extensions unless they're absolutely 100% the only way to fix a problem, so I'm really hoping to fix this just with the regular QlikSense functionality. I'm currently using 3.0.1.

Attaching a couple of screenshots to illustrate the problem.

Anybody know any way to fix this?

Thanks!

5 Replies
beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Elizabeth,

you can use the extension to resolve this issue,

look at this: http://branch.qlik.com/#!/project/58d2c5e6d14fa06c3b338f08

i hope that helps

Beck

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately, it's going to be very difficult to get my company to agree to install an extension, is this absolutely the only way to fix this?

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Elizabeth,

i had the same problem, i wanted to show all my data whithin my pivot, but without expanding whithin my pivot was it not possible to show all data, i used in this case the extension.(but in the case of extension i must say , you can use max 2 or 3 Dimension)

Did you tried under settings: Appearance to show all rows

Beck

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I did try looking under Appearance, the option is not available there.

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Ok, i think in this case you can use ether the extension or 2 straighttables