Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
florian890
Contributor III
Contributor III

Add data

Goo day everyone!

I created a new App in QS (first time, normally IT would do so). Via drag&drop I added an xls file, all good. Now I wonder: How do i change the data? Do I have to upload a new file overtime data change (in the past IT stored and connected them, not this time hence me being lost).

Apologies for this beginners question,

Florian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dan_sullivan
Creator II
Creator II

If you update the excel file a normal Load Data of the app won't work since the file is attached.  You will need to go into the Load Editor and under the connections look for 'Attached Files'.  Drag and drop to replace the old excel file with the newly updated one.    You can then hit 'cancel' not insert script.  Now hit load data and the new rows or updated data should populate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Click on the Navigation button (top left). In there, go to "Data load editor" and click on that.

The script editor will open. No worries; you should not need to do anything here at all.

In the top right corner, click on "Load data". That should do it.

May you live in interesting times!
dan_sullivan
Creator II
Creator II

If you update the excel file a normal Load Data of the app won't work since the file is attached.  You will need to go into the Load Editor and under the connections look for 'Attached Files'.  Drag and drop to replace the old excel file with the newly updated one.    You can then hit 'cancel' not insert script.  Now hit load data and the new rows or updated data should populate.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Files are never attached in Qlik. As you know, Qlik loads the data from the file. Qlik only keeps connection data to that file. You can delete the XLS file and the app would continue working.

If the content of that XLS file changes, the only thing you need to do is run the script again.

If the name of the XLS file changes, sure, then you need to do some maintenance. But that would not be a smart way of working as that means you end up having to update your app every time you change the XLS file.

So:

Same file, updated data? Just run the script again.

May you live in interesting times!
dan_sullivan
Creator II
Creator II

i new columns are added (not rows) then you would have to do more than just refresh because the auto-generated script is going to be coded for the original columns.

florian890
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Onno,

unfortunately this did not work for me - which does not mean at all that it won't work in general - I am just not an expert...

Thanks a lot for your time and input, highly appreciated,

Florian