Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
florian890
Contributor III
Contributor III

Not all cities show up on map

Dear all,

when importing xls data incl. city, country, country ISO2 etc it works really great - no geo coordinates needed anymore sec pp. Even I can do it now.

However some cities (or towns?) do not show up, e.g. Buc in France, FR, very close to Paris. when you search in Google it shows up in Google Maps - so I assume it exists 🙂 Another one is Cham, Switzerland, CH.

Are they too small? How can I get them in?

Thanks for your brain time and help!

Florian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a look at the internal qvds used in Qlik Sense for mapping Country / City  to coordinates, you can see that the number of cities is limited...

You can check here, if the Cities that are "missing" are stored in the mapping qvds... and if the coordinates are ok:

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\DataPrepService\src\geo

View solution in original post

3 Replies
tajmohamed30
Creator III
Creator III

pls give a try below link

How to make data points larger on maps?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a look at the internal qvds used in Qlik Sense for mapping Country / City  to coordinates, you can see that the number of cities is limited...

You can check here, if the Cities that are "missing" are stored in the mapping qvds... and if the coordinates are ok:

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\DataPrepService\src\geo

Mattias1
Contributor
Contributor

Hey!

Im facing similar issues in Qlik Sense Cloud, i have 6 citys but only 5 of them shows up on a Map visualization. The sixth one is under 15k inhabitants so it doesnt show up and I cant find a solution to this. How do i make thje last city visible in a visualization?