Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Olip
Creator
Creator

Default Filter in Qlik Sense App

Hello Pals,

I believe its a very standard requirement however, I have not come across a solution and hence the ask.

Can you suggest ways to define a default filter that can be applied as soon as the users open the App?

The filter requirement is for 'Current Fiscal Quarter' and we need it to be applied on the existing Quarter filter w/o the users requiring to select it manually. A solution without the use of an extension will be much appreciated as we are already using a variable extension for other LOB selections.

Thanks,

Alip

- Eager to learn n grow,

Olip
7 Replies
ErikWetterberg

HI,

As far as I know the standard client does not support this.You could achieve this in single, by using the select parameter:

Single Integration API ‒ Qlik Sense

Hope this helps

Erik Wetterberg

ErikWetterberg

And I just realized you can do this with App integration API too:

App Integration API ‒ Qlik Sense

That it, you need to give your users a URL with the default selection included.

Erik Wetterberg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alip,

One thing you can do is as we maintained YTD numbers in the dashboard, insted you can give current quarter numbers.

this may helps.

Olip
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Sada - Could you elaborate further on the suggestion? An example would help.

- Eager to learn n grow,

Olip
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

For example

Sum({<Year = {$(=max(Year))},YearMonth = {"<=$(=max(YearMonth))"},Date={">=$(=vMinYearDate) <=$(vMaxYearDate)"}>}Sales)

I am using this expression to show This year numbers and

Sum({<Year = {$(=max(Year)-1)}, YearMonth = {"<=$(vLYYearMonth)"},Date={">=$(=vMinLYearDate) <=$(vPreviousYeardate)"}>}Sales)

this one to show last year YTD numbers . These expressions will show the numbers till today from the begining of the year and last year begining to same date last year.

Like wise you can put the Current Quarter in the set so that you can see only current quarter numbers by default.

This may helps.

Regards,

Sadasiva

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Did you tried this, any luck?

Regards,

Sadasiva

Olip
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Sadasiva for your response.

Perhaps, the problem in the description is unclear. The challenge is not related to defaulting the KPI by current quarter but having the Current Quarter value applied by default in the Filter object for Quarters in the App.

This is required so that the App data can be filtered by current quarter when a user opens the App for the first time.

- Eager to learn n grow,

Olip