Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fabdulazeez
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Bubble layer association

I would like to display same bubble layer twice and make them independent as we do in set analysis. The use case is to  display all the customers irrespective of selection on map

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ana_Yakushi
Employee
Employee

Hello Fawaz,

I think you can use one of these:

1)

You need to use a set analysis to make the measure(s) ignore the points filtering.

For example, I had an ID, latitude and longitude for each datapoint. Then in the "Location, Size" section:

Avg({<ID=>} latitude)

Avg({<ID=>} longitude)

The same if you have other measures for size and color:

Sum({<ID=>} sales)

Remember to add all other dimensions to be ignored, like: Sum({<ID=,category=>} sales)

2)

You can create a copy of the customer table renaming the fields so it will be completely independent of other tables in your data model.

Then use these fields in your Bubble Layer. Since it doesn't have any common field with other tables, the filters won't affect the bubbles.

Best Regards,

Ana Yakushi

Qlik GeoAnalytics

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Fawaz,

That is possible in Qlik GeoAnalytics, add a measure like this Sum({1}1) to modify the dimension so that all values are visible.

Thanks,

Patric

Ana_Yakushi
Employee
Employee

Hello Fawaz,

I think you can use one of these:

1)

You need to use a set analysis to make the measure(s) ignore the points filtering.

For example, I had an ID, latitude and longitude for each datapoint. Then in the "Location, Size" section:

Avg({<ID=>} latitude)

Avg({<ID=>} longitude)

The same if you have other measures for size and color:

Sum({<ID=>} sales)

Remember to add all other dimensions to be ignored, like: Sum({<ID=,category=>} sales)

2)

You can create a copy of the customer table renaming the fields so it will be completely independent of other tables in your data model.

Then use these fields in your Bubble Layer. Since it doesn't have any common field with other tables, the filters won't affect the bubbles.

Best Regards,

Ana Yakushi

Qlik GeoAnalytics

fabdulazeez
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Yeah i already tried the second option. Thanks for the support. May be i'll try first option and get back on that.

Ana_Yakushi
Employee
Employee

Hello Faraz,

Looking at Patric's answer, I think his expression is simpler because you don't need to specify the dimensions to be ignored by the filter. Just remember to apply the same to all of the measures (including latitude and longitude calculations) in the bubble layer.

Best Regards,

Ana Yakushi

Qlik GeoAnalytics

fabdulazeez
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Can you please explain reccomendation. Should i be adding an additional measure like sum({1}1) or should i be modifying latitude an longitude

fabdulazeez
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I don't understand how to apply sum({1}1) to latitude and longitude or dimension. Can you explain a little more. Sorry for the late response.i was to able get result on qlik normal map but not on geoanalytics

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Fawaz,

The key is the set analysis expression, '{1}', to make the layer to ignore any selections that have been done.

So for a numeric lat or long I would use avg({1} lat) to get the desired result.

For string value something like maxstring({1} state_name) would work fine.

Thanks,

Patric

tman
Contributor
Contributor

@Patric_Nordstrom newbe to sense. 

I have an inscript makegeopoint(lat,long) as LOCATION

when i add {1}LOCATION to my point layer location dimension LOTNAME i get the desired affect of not filtering my points on map. however I lost the automatic Zoom on the map? And every time i go to a different sheet and back to the MAP sheet it zooms back out to the entire points layer.

Is there a work around??

thanks

TMAN