Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Auto Calendar Year & Month sort OK in separate charts, but not in drill-down

Hi - I loaded some data with date fields in Sense, and the Auto-Calendar correctly generated Year, Month, Week, etc.

If I create a bar-chart on Year or Month, they sort correctly, eg Jan-Feb-Mar-etc. for Month.

However, if I create a Drill-Down for Year and Month, I can get the Year to sort OK, but the months sort in an order that I can't see any logic to.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Steven

2 Replies
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Steven,

1) Check on the sorting tab to sort by month was earlier (higher) sorting by the values of the expression.

2) Maybe the name of the months in your calendar differs from the one set in the script settings so that Qlik Sense "does not see" the field of the month as a month.

It's hard to imagine cause without seeing your data.

Regards,

Andrey

epar5lcd
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Steve,

I have come across this issue myself. I don't know the reason but I do have a solution. You will need to go to the "Sorting" section for your table/chart. Turn off the auto sorting. A drop down menu will appear that will allow you to create the custom sorting for each level in the drill down. Select your 'Month' definition and then click "Sort numerically" and use the drop down menu to set it to "Ascending".

Hope this helps anyone who comes across this thread.