Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anjali0108
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

qvp connection in nprinting

Hi,

I have an urgent requirement where i want to make a qvp connection with my qvw using NPrinting 17.3.

The qvw is in the same server itself.

I saw in community that the template in nprinting gets updated only with server and cluster connections ,not with local connections.

I want to copy that qvp path and paste in nprinting server connection to proceed further.

PLease let me know if there is any possible suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

About Connections refer to Creating connections ‒ Qlik NPrinting. The chapter "Connecting to QlikView documents on the QlikView Server" is related to QlikView Server connections.

To find the document address, usually it is qvp://QlikViewServerName/Document.qvw. Before to create the NPrinting connection, open the same document by using QlikView Desktop; you will see the correct server address. Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.1/Subsystems/Client/Content/Open_in_Server.htm

If you connect a QlikView Document as local, to see the updated data after a reload you need to run an NPrinting connection cache reload. If you connect the same document via qvp (QlikView server) you don't need the NPrinting metadata reload to see the updated data in NPrinting reports.

I would to suggest you to upgrade to June 2017 because it has a new feature that lets you to trigger the connection cache generation. So you can connect a QlikView Document as local, update it and schedule an NPrinting cache reload.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Bala_s
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

If qvw and Nprinting are in the same server, then you can use local path qvp is not necessary.

If qvw and Nprinting are in different instances, then qvp path will help.

Thanks

sarvesh
Creator III
Creator III

Hi.. please refer below mentioned link:

Connecting to a QlikView document ‒ Qlik NPrinting

anjali0108
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

my qvw and nprinting are in the same server,but the prob is with refresh of my qvw ,my template is not refreshing in local connection and i have seen somewhere in qlik community that we should either have a server or cluster connection to make it work. that's why I want to know how can i make a server connection.

Thanks everyone.

anjali0108
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Thanks a lot for the revert but I am still stuck at the same place.Please help me with the below queries:

1. Please tell me can I go for a qvp connection even if my application and nprinting resides in the same server?

2. Upgrade to June 2017 because it has a new feature that lets you to trigger the connection cache generation. So you can connect a QlikView Document as local, update it and schedule an NPrinting cache reload.: I tried this as well still my reports are showing the old data only. Is there any task that I have to create for nprinting cache reload ?

3. To find the document address, usually it is qvp://QlikViewServerName/Document.qvw. Before to create the NPrinting connection, open the same document by using QlikView Desktop; you will see the correct server address :

When I am using open in server,it is not showing or connecting to any qvw document as such. Can I make a qvp connection for the file residing in the same server or no ?

Overall,

All i want is my report should show the updated data.PLaese help me in this as I am not getting solution from anywhere.

Thanks in advance.