Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suhasarchak
Partner - Contributor III

Restrict access to NPrinting developers (in 17.3.1)

Hi,

Is there a way apps/connections/filters/tasks/reports can be restricted to a specific NPrinting developer.

We have multiple NPrinting developers in charge of different businesses of the company and do not want them to access other developers' part of business details.

Can this be possible? You help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Suhas

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

I would to add that when you create a security role you can associate it a specific app.

Suppose you have a scenario with two apps: Marketing and Sales and you want that the developer for Marketing don't has access to the Sales app. So create the MarketingDeveloperRole, give it the rights to develop reports and assign to it only the NPrinting Marketing app. Something like this:

Assign an app into a Role.png

Then give the MarketingDeveloperRole only to the Marketing app developer so he will have rights only related to that app.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
vinod_nallapaneni

Hi Suhas,

Go to Admin tab--> Security roles--> Create a new role or copy the developer role in that copied one you can restrict the options in Edit window. And assign that role to the specific user. Hope this will help.

Good Luck.

-Vinod.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

I would to add that when you create a security role you can associate it a specific app.

Suppose you have a scenario with two apps: Marketing and Sales and you want that the developer for Marketing don't has access to the Sales app. So create the MarketingDeveloperRole, give it the rights to develop reports and assign to it only the NPrinting Marketing app. Something like this:

Assign an app into a Role.png

Then give the MarketingDeveloperRole only to the Marketing app developer so he will have rights only related to that app.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
suhasarchak
Author

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for your reply.

I was looking for more specific restrictions which I believe got answer from Ruggero.

Thanks,

Suhas

suhasarchak
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Great! It worked. This is exactly I was looking for.

Thanks a lot.

Suhas

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Thanks to let me know this!

Best Regards,
Ruggero
suhasarchak
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I have one issue here.

I have a created a role which will have all rights of a developer except it should have access to only apps created by users assigned with this role and exclude other apps from accessing. I have enabled "Create new apps"  under "Actions". I have also selected apps that are created by user who will be assigned this role.

However, if the user under this role creates a new app, he/she is not able to see the new app further created. This is happening because, the new app will not be selected from "Available items" automatically.

Can you please help how to achieve this?

Thanks,

Suhas

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi Suhas,

I'm very busy these days, we are working on something great 🙂

I hope to investigate your issue soon.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero