Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suhasarchak
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

NPrinting Edit template error

Hi,

I am trying to edit template for an excel report in NPrinting 17.3.1 designer on my system by accessing the a document on server.

I am getting the following error. "Qlik NPrinting designer can't find a supported reporting template editor for the file.... Error Message: The associated COM server does not support ActiveX Document embedding."

Please note that my credentials are not admin. However, when I login with admin credentials, I am able to edit the template.

Can anyone help me to resolve this?

NPrinting Error.PNG

Thanks,

Suhas

9 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Hi,

I hope there is issue with the template , you can create other template, and give a try.

Means may be in one template you are using other base sheet data i think.check your template once,

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I understand that if you login with a user with an admin role you are able to edit the template but if you login with another user you are not able. Correct? If yes, you must ad the role Developer to the second user. For more information about roles refer to Security management ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Then be sure to have Microsoft Office installed locally on the computer where you are running the Qlik NPrinting Designer.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
sri_c003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

The system on which you are trying to edit the template does not have microsoft office installed. MS office is a prerequisite for working on Designer.

jagjivvt
Creator
Creator

Hi i have the same problem since upgrading from office 2010 to 2016, i now get this error

"The associated COM server does not support ActiveX Document embedding"

i also get another error when trying to use the email facility

Access violation at address 5A3784E5 in module OLMAPI32.DLL. Read of address FFFFFFFF

please help.

thanks

vijay    

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Office is supported but 365 is not supported. If you use Office 2016 be sure that you have the applications installed locally.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
jagjivvt
Creator
Creator

hi

thanks for your response, i have office 2016 installed on the PC locally and still having these errors.

thanks

vijay    

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Ok, if you are not using Office 365 you can try:

- reinstall Office

- reinstall the Qlik NPrinting Designer

If reinstalling will not work open a support ticket.

Office 2016 is supported https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2018/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirements_des...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
jagjivvt
Creator
Creator

Thanks, the template editor i was able to fix with this

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14030

but still have error on Email, i have raised ticket with support.

thanks

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Ok, good to know that you resolved.

The workaround in the doc you linked was write for old versions and should be resolved for recent ones.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero