Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NPrinting 17 - Generating

Hi

I have installed NPrinting 17 Server on a fresh Windows 2012 VM, created an app, and now trying to create a connection. I have tried both a local QV app and a server-based app, and for both of these the Connections show as "Generating", and never get to "Generated".

In the 'nprinting_engine.log' file I can see (ip address removed):

2016-03-06 11:49:00,303 [32] WARN Qlik.NPrinting.Engine.Consumer.BlockingContentResolver - Navigator stuck on connection f9eb5ae1-2d35-4857-acf9-54f487890511, forcing close of connection. STACK: Qlik.Reporting.Engine.Messages.Exceptions.NavigatorStuckException: Navigator navigator=qlikview;documentpath="qvp://@00.00.00.00/Sales Compass.qvw" is stuck and can't be used anymore to resolve requests ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

Can anyone suggest any mechanism of identifying the problem?

Thanks

Al.

32 Replies
erjohnso
Creator
Creator

You do not need to uninstall/reinstall to change the service accounts running the server jobs.

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Eric,

I have different service account, I am not selecting CONNECTION REQUIRE AUTHENTICATION, Engine is ON, services in running fine, Service account has assigned CAL, I have checked in Qlik View on N printing server, I have added qvp:// IP address/Test.qvw , then it is saying Account used to run Qlik N printing Engine has access to Qlik Server , I have double checked and the account which is running Engine service has access on document.

I have installed Engine with separate service account which has access to Qlik View server. Can you please help me to debug how to Connect Qlik N printing with Qlik View server

Note: By Local option, I can connect to server document with UNC PATH, It is working and generating Cache

I want to know how to work with SERVER TYPE option.

My N printing version is 17.4

Thanks in advance!

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

there might be issue with services or issue with connection,

kindly restrt all the services and server as well