Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Price variation - Count function

Hi everyone,

I do use a Count funciton in a KPI object to calculate the number of prices which went up over the laster year but I cannot make it with my current formula!

Count(Avg([Year]={2016})Price >Avg([Year]={2017})Price)

Do you have any tips or advices?

Thanks a lot

Florian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

What is the expression you are using? May be you need to use Rounding here? Round to 2 digits for matching?

View solution in original post

18 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this

Sum(Aggr(If(Avg({<[Year]={2016}>}Price) > Avg({<[Year]={2017}>}Price), 1, 0), ProductID))

Assuming we are talking about the prices for a product. Change this to a field for which you are doing the price comparison

sunny_talwar

For prices that went up... you might need this

Sum(Aggr(If(Avg({<[Year]={2016}>}Price) < Avg({<[Year]={2017}>}Price), 1, 0), ProductID))

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thank you for your answer and your reactivity

I do get a figure in my KPI but which does not work exactly. I do have a lot of mising data for 2017 and my KPI takes some of them into account. Shall I include an IF within my current function to sort this out?

Thank you again

Cheers

Florian

Not applicable
Author

Look at the two selected fields, one of them gives me the result "greater than" and the second "lower than" and I need them to be ricorded as equal.

It might be an very small difference or simply the function which doesn't work as hoped

KPI.PNG

Best,

Florian

sunny_talwar

I am not completely sure I understand what you are trying to convey here. Can you elaborate?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

So you might be confused with the names "Greater than" & "Lower than". My PivotTable aims to reflect the number of prices which are going up (greater than) and down (lower than)  between 2016 (1st column) and 2017 (2nd column).

I am trying to find the correct formula to display this result within my two KPI boxes.

Do you have an idea how I could edit my formula to get the correct answer?

Thanks,

Florian

sunny_talwar

What is the expression you are using? May be you need to use Rounding here? Round to 2 digits for matching?

Not applicable
Author

Yeah thank you, it seems to work for these references but my formulation takes sometime the null value into account(as zero value I guess).

If you have a look at the following table you will see one single selected field which should not increase my Delflation KPI. Do you have an idea how to solve this? Using a null() function might be appropriate in this case, right?

QS.PNG

My KPI formula:

Sum(Aggr(If(round(Avg({<[Year]={2016}>}Price),0.01) > round(Avg

({<[Year]={2017}>}Price),0.01), 1, 0),Supplier))

I tried to insert a null() function but it doesn't really work:

Sum(Aggr(If(if(null(Avg({<[Year]={2016}>}Price)),0, round

(Avg({<[Year]={2016}>}Price),0.01)) < if(null

(Avg({<[Year]={2017}>}Price)),0, round(Avg

({<[Year]={2017}>}Price),0.01)), 1, 0),Supplier))

Moreover, I am using this expression for the color format. If you look at my table the Delta (-0.46%) is not displayed in red as I wish, is the round() function not used correctly?

if((Avg({1<[Year]={2017} >}Price)-Avg({1<[Year]

={2016} >}Price))/Avg({1<[Year]={2016} >}Price)>0,black(),if((Avg({1<[Year]={2017} >}Price)-Avg({1<[Year]

={2016} >}Price))/Avg({1<[Year]={2016} >}Price)<0,black(),))

It would be wonderful if you had an idea how I could get out this mess

Thanks a lot

Florian

sunny_talwar

May be try this

Sum(Aggr(If(Round(Avg({<[Year] = {2016}>} Price), 0.01) > Round(Avg({<[Year] = {2017}>} Price), 0.01) and Len(Trim(Avg({<[Year]={2016}>}Price))) > 0 and Len(Trim(Avg({<[Year]={2016}>}Price))) > 0, 1, 0), Supplier))

Where are you specifying the red color in this expression? All I see is black()?

if((Avg({1<[Year]={2017} >}Price)-Avg({1<[Year]

={2016} >}Price))/Avg({1<[Year]={2016} >}Price)>0,black(),if((Avg({1<[Year]={2017} >}Price)-Avg({1<[Year]

={2016} >}Price))/Avg({1<[Year]={2016} >}Price)<0,black(),))