cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amweiner
Partner - Contributor III

How to delete reports from NewsStand?

We have been testing reports and report distributions, and as a result, have many test reports that are listed in the NewsStand. We would like to remove the test reports. I don't see any options for maintaining the NewsStand. Is there a way this can be done from the backend? I am using NPrinting 17.4.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amweiner
Author

I prefer not to perform any non-supported actions on a client database. So will wait until Qlik develops a feature that supports report management.

View solution in original post

22 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

+ vinod.nallapanenilech_miszkiewicz

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Try setting the number of days to keep the reports on the publish task to 0.

amweiner
Author

When I set the Days to Keep to 0, the save button is disabled. If I try to create a new task and set the Days to keep button to 0, the Create button is disabled. So, don't think this will work.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Set it to 1 and see if it goes over the weekend.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Unfortunatly at the moment (June 2017) there is not a Delete feature to delete reports on NewsStand.

As suggested you can set Days to Keep and Reports to Keep to the minimun value and wait.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
amweiner
Author

Most of the reports were originally distributed with Days to Keep=1 and Reports to Keep=1. The problem is that several of them have been renamed or deleted over time (from the report list). I set up a task with the reports as they are currently named on the NewsStand hoping that the system will delete the report by name. But it looks like it is managing the report by internal ID, as opposed to name.

From what I am seeing, there is no way to manage these test and legacy reports.

Anyone from Qlik know when such a feature might be available? Administrators and end users must have a way to manage reports more efficiently.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

We are aware that we will need to develop that feature, but right now (June 2017) it is not planned.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I manged it via NPrinting Repository. There is table called published_reports, please delete older reports than specified date e.g.: DELETE FROM published_report WHERE last_update < '2017-08-12';

This kind of change requires restart of NPrinting services.

HTH

Ladislav

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

This kind of change is very dangerous. If you execute the worng SLQ instruction you can irreparably damage the repository.

So:

- do a complete backup before to try this solution

- be sure that you know what you are doing

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero