There are totally 4 CALS in Server
1) Named CAL - All documents and unlimited time
2) Session CAL - All documents and limited time
3) Document CAL - one document and unlimited time
4) Usage CAL - one document and limited time
Please Find Below:
There are four different types of CALs available:\
- Named CAL (an identified user on a server) - Access is based on user identity and valid for alldocuments on the server, that is any number of concurrent sessions from one user on one machine ata time is allowed.
- Document CAL (an identified user within a given document) - Just as above, the access is based onuser identity, but the CAL is valid only for one document. If the same user connects to twodocuments using this licensing method, he will hence consume two Document CALs.
- Session CAL - Each Session CAL allows one user on one computer to access QlikView documents,that is any number of concurrent sessions from one user on one machine at a time is allowed.Anonymous users are allowed, no identification of the client user is necessary.
- Usage CAL - Each Usage CAL gives the right to initiate one session (single document) per running28-day period. The session may last a maximum of one hour. Any activity after the first hour hasexpired will count as a new session (albeit without visible interruption). No identification of theclient user is necessary.
Note! CALs are used for purposes of licensing only and they have nothing to do with user authentication for data access purposes