Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uma_maheswari
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to generate reports through NPrinting and QlikSense alone ?

I have a hosted QlikSense application and I want to select filter values on run time and generate reports through NPrinting .

I believe this is called as on-demand or on the fly generating reports .

Example :- QlikSense app with two filters name and age. Need to generate a reports like below .

Report 1

Danny 25

Report 2

Andrea 12

Where the above values are selected by two different users .

This On-Demand feature is not yet out in QlikSense. If i have to create a work around ,what would that be .Please help .

Few pointers I have in mind ,

1) Create an external script .

2) Create extensions to capture filter selections from a hosted app then pass it to NPrinting.

13 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

you can write a macro.but macros will not work in Nprinting i hope.

may be second option is the possibility  to get the way what you want.  But am not sure about it,.

uma_maheswari
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

No Problem Chanty ,thanks

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Have you considered importing user filters they are not real time but could be created and loaded on a schedule.

I believe in June 2017 there is now a API approach to importing tasks which might be worth an explore.

Regards

Andy

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Here you can check the updates from qlik

Qlik Support Updates

uma_maheswari
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes Andy , i have read the updates from Qlik regarding the same , i am checking that feasibility in parallel in .Net technology through API calls

uma_maheswari
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sure Thanks

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

by dotnet it is very easy to get it.As my team also write in dotnet only if anything changes required

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi UMA,

Have you got any working solution for this issue.?

Thanks

Sourabh

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

There is a Qlik Sense third party extension for On-Demand:

- http://branch.qlik.com/?&_ga=2.255022732.56557271.1516605116-1814892232.1515656497#!/project/58be6fc...

- Qlik Sense On-Demand report using Qlik NPrinting - YouTube

You can also develop your solution by using Qlik NPrinting APIs Extending Qlik NPrinting ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.