Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Price variation - Count function

Hi everyone,

I do use a Count funciton in a KPI object to calculate the number of prices which went up over the laster year but I cannot make it with my current formula!

Count(Avg([Year]={2016})Price >Avg([Year]={2017})Price)

Do you have any tips or advices?

Thanks a lot

Florian

18 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help, due to your tips I have indentified the issue and the problem was my dimensions..

I had two dimensions at the beginning but by deleting I have solved the problem

It works using:

Sum(Aggr(If(round(Avg({<[Year]={2016}>}Price),0.01) > round(Avg

({<[.Year]={2017}>}Price),0.01), 1, 0),ItemCode))

You're right, sorry for the formula. I am using this one:

if(round((Avg({1<[Year]={2017} >}Price)-Avg({1<[Year]

={2016} >}Price))/Avg({1<[Year]={2016} >}Price),0.01)>0,lightgreen(),

if(round((Avg({1<[Year]={2017} >}Price)-Avg({1<[Year]

={2016} >}Price))/Avg({1<[Year]={2016} >}Price),0.01)<0,lightred(),))

I doesn't work for value which are really close to zero such as 0.46% of price variation.

Cheers,

Florian

sunny_talwar

May be this

If((Avg({1<[Year] = {2017}>} Price) - Avg({1<[Year] = {2016}>} Price))/Avg({1<[Year] = {2016}>} Price) > 0, LightGreen(),

If((Avg({1<[Year] = {2017}>} Price) - Avg({1<[Year] = {2016}>} Price))/Avg({1<[Year] = {2016}>} Price) < 0, LightRed()))

Not applicable
Author

This expression works correctly but I was trying to use the round() function because I do get some slightly differences in my prices between 2016 and 2017 and my price variation can end up beeing -0.00%. (-0.0000009%)

What I'm trying to achieve is not to get any color formatting for this number because rounded to 2 decimal it is still 0.00%.

Thanks

Florian

sunny_talwar

Since 0.46% = 0.0046, it might make sense to do a rounding for 4 digits

Not applicable
Author

I feel really stupid while reading your answer

I have one last question if you have some time left (if you don't know it yet, you're saving my life..)

I want to create a table with the TOP 5 variations upwards and downwards for the items I bought. I am struggling with If and rank function but I am not sure which one I should use.

(Avg({1<[Year]={2017},ItemCode={"rank(

(Avg({1<[Year]={2017} >}Price)-Avg({1<[Year]

={2016} >}Price))

*(Sum({1<[Year]={2016} >}Quantity))

)<=10"} >}Price)-Avg({1<[Year]

={2016} >}Price))/Avg({1<[Year]={2016} >}Price)

Thanks you so much

Florian

sunny_talwar

When you say variation, is this your last column (percentage change from 2016 to 2017)?

Not applicable
Author

QS2.PNG

It's the last one on this pic (Delta VA) which equals to Qantity2016*(Price2017-Price2016) so the total amount I have won or lost over one year due to the price movement.

Not applicable
Author

I have find a way! Thanks for your time and your help

marygrace
Contributor III
Contributor III

I am looking for something like you did. the last 5 prices for each item. Just show if the prices change between purchases. ¿Somebody can help me?