Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
florian890
Contributor III
Contributor III

Timeline - extensions

Good day to all,

facing challenges in creating a timeline from the "extensions".

I have an identifier (#), a person (pers), an event around that person (event), a descriptor for the event and a date (activity).

No matter how much I try, i won't get a timeline up and running... Any suggestions? Wrong/insufficient data?

Thanks once more,

Florian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Florian,

i created this exampel (see attached screenshot). if this example suits to your business environment, please let me know

i hope that helps

Beck

p.s: Ich habe dich nicht vergessen. die Extension ist echt cool, muss aber ein wenig studiert werden, um zu wissen, wie man eigenen Fall anwendet 😃FlMe.png

View solution in original post

11 Replies
florian890
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear all,

Interest in the topic seems high, however no answer yet. Can anyone point me in some direction to push this forward?

Thanks a lot!

Florian

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Florian,

look at this: Vizlib | Qlik Sense Extension Library and in Qlik Branch

i hope that helps

Beck

florian890
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Beck,

was hoping to use the one we have in the extensions already, don't plan to upload another one (yet).

I tried to follow the instructions for the one we have (which implements vis.js timeline)

But I can't get it to work with the dimensions I have described earlier... And admittedly I am lost with dimension 5...

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 15.41.08.png

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Florian,

can you show me your example

Beck

p.s: (hast du diese Extension an deine Beispielsituation eingebaut?)

florian890
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hallo Beck,

lieben Dank für das schnelle feedback!

Not sure I understand the P.S., do you mean it needs to be adapted beyond drag&drop?

Does the below give you the insides needed?

Vielen Dank,

Florian

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 16.49.17.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 16.54.21.png

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

i try to create on the base of your date an example and report you

p.s: ich versuche das beispiel nachzubauen, und schicke dir

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Florian,

i created this exampel (see attached screenshot). if this example suits to your business environment, please let me know

i hope that helps

Beck

p.s: Ich habe dich nicht vergessen. die Extension ist echt cool, muss aber ein wenig studiert werden, um zu wissen, wie man eigenen Fall anwendet 😃FlMe.png

florian890
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Beck,

das sieht sogar besser aus als erwartet - looks even better then what I habe imagined!!!

Thank you very much for the time and effort you took to sort this miracle!! What do you recon- feasible for a beginner like me?

Herzlichen Dank,

Florian

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hallo Florian,

i attached the example with data,

please look at this web-pages: QlikBranch

and

Vizlib | Qlik Sense Extension Library, here you can find solutions or at least a lot ideas for your daily business environment.

p.s: Wenn ich etwas für dich tun kann, sag dann bitte Bescheid, würde ich mich freuen, Dir zu helfen. (Manus Manum Lavat) 😃

Beck