Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to sum based on distinct dimension

Hi guys,

I am trying to get a function to work, where I essentially want the sum to be calculated based on a key which needs to be distinct.

Table looking like this:

ID  Type    Component Group     Actual     ValueKEY

X   Cost     Internal                      0,85          X0,85

Y   Cost     Internal                      0,85          Y0,85

X  Target   Internal                      1,25          X1,25

Y  Target   Internal                      1,25          Y1,25

What I am trying to achieve is that it is possible to calculate the actuals once based on the dimension "ValueKEY", so that for both these instances the result will become:

ID     Actual     Target

X     0,85          1,25

Y     0,85          1,25

I've tried to set it up like this, where YTD_TY is an expression for the fiscal year, and the vCostComponents are the cost components and vAccum = "RangeSum(Above(", and v/Accum = ,"0,RowNo(TOTAL)))" that I am interested in:

$(vAccum) sum ({$<[_YTD_TY] = {'YTD'}, [Component Group] = {$(vCostComponents)}>}  aggr(sum(Distinct([Actual])), ValueKEY)) $(v/Accum)

But this results that I am getting two values where the actuals are duplicates and by that I receive a too high figure.

I have also tried this one;
$(vAccum) sum({<[Type]={'Cost'}, [Component Group]={$(vCostComponents)},[_YTD_TY]={'YTD'}>} distinct [Actual])$(v/Accum)

This results in a figure that sums up to being a little too much. Can any of you help / spot what is wrong with my expression?

Thank you,

Stefan

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample where we can see the issue and also, provide the numerical output of what you think should be the correct answer?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

The correct figure is supposed to be: 232.709,039749

and I have attached the chart where it is used !