cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying pages to multiple excel tabs?

Hi people,

I'm in Nprinting 17.3 and am trying to set up a page to cycle through two tabs in excel by the same dimension with the goal of creating additional tabs split out by country.

Older versions allowed me to set up a page for each excel tab with the same dimension. The newer version won't allow for this and doesn't give an obvious option to apply the page to more than one tab like it does for Powerpoint.

Is anyone able to help? Thanks in advance!

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Chris,

Template editing is basically the same in NPrinting 16 and 17.

To add Page to a worksheet, just click on the worksheet and right click on page. You can do this for multiple worksheets. The dimension you use for Page can be the same or different for multiple worksheets.

Best

Aran

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Aran,

I thought so too, but when I set up a page for two tabs with the same dimension and try to preview, i get the error: 'The preview request failed with message: Specified cast is not valid'.

Page split works if I apply it to one tab, but not two.

Any ideas?

Not applicable
Author

Try upgrading to the most recent release

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Stephen_Jasionowski

This is a known bug that is not yet resolved in the most recent release (June 2017). Please check the release notes of any new versions or service releases as I do not have a date for resolution at the moment,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Has there been any indication of when this will be fixed?

Stephen_Jasionowski

I believe it will be fixed as part of the September 2017 release but we are still working out which bug fixes will be included. I will update the post as I know more.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I believe something else - If you apply the same field Paging onto Excel sheets essentialy you are creating 2 sheets with the same name in it - which is impossible in Excel.

You cannot have 2 Sheets names within WorkBook.

In your source document you can create 2 fields

say:

• Country 1    
  • Conutry 2

And you would have to adjust its values (by adding suffix/prefix or anything else)  to ensure that they are distinct!.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Lech!!!! You bloomin' genius!