Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhavikumehta
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to integrate Chatbot with Qliksense?

Hello - i want to integrate a chatbot (whatsapp) with Qliksense

Found below links for Line and Telegram apps:

Connect Line Bot to Qlik Sense | APIANT The API Integration Platform As A Service

Telegram · API.AI

However, I am looking to integrate whatsapp with qliksense. Please guide. Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

In the Qlik ChatBots group, I have created a guide to implement a basic Telegram bot connected to Qlik Sense. There you will find many bullet points to research and develop

Juan Gerardo

View solution in original post

48 Replies
bhavikumehta
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I got to know that chatbot integration with qliksense is possible, for now, with an app having chatbots. Whatsapp doesn't have chatbots so i have started working on Telegram using following links:

https://docs.api.ai/docs/concept-actions

https://docs.api.ai/docs/time-dates

Created few Intents in http://api.ai with normal User messages (without qliksense integration), however, need to know how to integrate it with qliksense which will help users to get Dashboard KPI figures, PDF files of reports over Telegram app.

Thank you.

Not applicable

Hi bhavikumehta‌, as you have discovered, WhatsApp does not allow chatbots. That is the reason I started working with Telegram instead.

I will create a session for our next Qlik Summer School, and you can see an introduction here: Push the Boundaries of Analytics - Qlik Sense Bot (video)

You can also join this group: Qlik ChatBots where I will share some information during Summer to introduce the Community about how to integrate Qlik Sense in chatbots.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

How far have you come along with this?  I was able to get to this point in both Telegram and Slack.  I am opting for Slack since I can't secure who can ask a Telegram bot questions.  I have a Slack bot respond to questions in a channel, but at the moment I can only send back a URL and the requestor has to click on the link and log into Qlik to see the result.  I would like Slack to just display the object.  How would I go about authorizing Slack with some kind of token etc to get the information and just display it?

Not applicable

Hi Nung,

I have implemented in Slack very similar functionallity as in Telegram. Telegram bots are always public, and Slack bots are private by default, but I have implemented a process to only respond to users that are "allowed", and also the bot users are mapped to Qlik Sense users. So you can control first who can talk to the bot, and then all the security access in Qlik Sense Management Console (apps to open, row level access, self-service, etc.).

Qlik Sense APIs allow this, the same way as you were working in the Hub. I really love this API power 😉

Probably a Slack Chatbot could be a good theme for future articles...

Juan Gerardo Cabeza

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was actually your video that I am trying to implement.  There are a lot of people who were looking for at least a high level design of what you put together in that presentation.  What are your plans for that?  I am new to Qlik and was looking to gather as many bullet point items to focus my research and development into creating this feature.

Not applicable

In the Qlik ChatBots group, I have created a guide to implement a basic Telegram bot connected to Qlik Sense. There you will find many bullet points to research and develop

Juan Gerardo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Juan!  I've requested to join this group.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi jcz‌,  I have also sent the request to join the ChatBots group, please approve it so I can start with Telegram Integration. Thanks.

Not applicable

Done