cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikSense to Qlik NPrinting PowerPoint Sorting Question

Hello,

I am really struggling with attempting to use the page function within Qlik NPrinting to sort some information I have connected in from my Qlik Sense app.

I have several different business capabilities with corresponding product lines that can be represented visually based on financial metrics in like a scatter plot. I would like to have the first slide show all financial information business capability-wide (lots of scatter dots, each representing a product line within that capability) and then corresponding individual product line financial information (one product line from that capability).

then the next business capability at a total level (lots of scatter dots representing the product lines in this next capability), then corresponding product line specific information (one scatter dot) and on and on throughout all of them.

I have been successful at getting all capabilities first in order then product lines following, but I want capability then corresponding product lines throughout my PowerPoint report.

Someone from the qlik community is thinking of a way to do this, but I wanted to pose the question to all in case someone happens to read this and has an idea!

Thanks everyone.

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I think that using the "Page" feature as outlined here should work for you:

How to Use the Page Feature in Excel and PowerPoint Report Templates

These will give you additional options in terms of cycling multiple slides at a time or against multiple dimensions:

How to Use Pages to Generate Individual Slides in PowerPoint for Each Combination of Multiple Field ...

How to Add Pages Cycled in Multiple Slides

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have tried every combination I can think of with the page parameters and making qlik sense objects that proceed to make pages with two dimensions. Also, If I overlap page commands, I get an entity tag error and it does not work.

Not applicable
Author

Overlapping pages won't work, but I'm surprised that this doesn't meet your requirements:

How to Use Pages to Generate Individual Slides in PowerPoint for Each Combination of Multiple Field ...

What results do you get (if any) and why don't they meet the requirement?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So the results I get are Business capabilities listed first, then product lines listed. I want to intertwine these pages and have Business capability at a total level then corresponding product lines.

Current results

Business capability A

Business capability B

Business capability C

Product line 1 for A

Product line 2 for A

Product line 3 for A

Product line 1 for B

Product line 2 for B

etc...

Desired results:

Business capability A (scatter showing sum of all product lines)

Product line 1 for A

Product line 2 for A

Product line 3 for A

Business capability B (scatter showing sum of all product lines)

Product line 1 for B

Product line 2 for B

maybe this can be achieved with a sort expression in the table box in qlik sense? what do you think?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Does that post make sense?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I would do following

In my datamodel i would concatenate to product dimension a product hierarchy with a total value instead of an actual product line name

script example:

Products:

Load

Inline

[

Product,               ProductId

ProductLine1,     1

ProductLine2,     2

ProductLine3,     3

etc..

]

;

Concatetnate(Products)

Load

Inline

[

Product,               ProductId

Total,                    1

Total,                    2

Total,                    3

etc..

]

;

Then i would Create a Concatenated field ProductLine&'-'&Business capability and would use this concatenated field as my Page Node.

Then it will bring your expected result for sure.

The only comment is that if you want total to apear on top, make sure you apply sorting properly in your source document.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response Lech. Is this functionality built into Qlik NPrinting? Im just seeking to rearrange the NPrinting Output slide order. I would prefer to not touch the load editor if possible.

Thanks,

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

No - This would need to be done in QlikSense.

Given how the Page entity is working i do not see any other option.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks for your time