Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Max and Min Values in a day.

Hello Guys,

Have a look at the picture below. I would like to talk about the first three fields PageID, likes, record_date.

What I need is, I want to calculate the maximum and minimum no of likes of a page made on particular date say like 06/09/2011.

Untitled.jpg

Can I use set analysis to acheive this..? Help me in this.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Just use the Max(Likes) and Min(Likes) if likes is a number,

Use MinString(Likes) and MaxString(Likes) if its a string.

So whenever you select a particular date, you will see the min and max for that day.

If nothing is selected you will get the min and max for overall dates.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi kaushik,

I am using the max() and min(). and its resulting in overall maximum and minimum values. But I have no need to select any date.

I have the updated data from my client. Their requirement is, they want to display max and min no of likes in terms of yesterday, last week, last 4 week like that.

Help me to find out this.

Thanks.

RB

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

Ok, In that case you can use the set analysis in your max and min functions. Something like this.

Min({<Date = {"06/09/2011"}>}Likes) and

Max({<Date = {"06/09/2011"}>}Likes)

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!