Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hemachandran
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

NPrinting 17.2.2 License Issue

Hi Team,

I have installed NPrinting and Qlik Sense server  in the same Machine. I have sending the NPrinting report on Morning 8:15 AM. After the NPrinting report have sent. I have stop the NPrinting Services because the system getting slow and the other application in the Qlik Sense Server hub getting slow to open and work. As i start the NPrinting Services at Night time and again Stop after the NPrinting report as send. As I am doing stop and start NPrinting services continuously, sometimes  I have got the Licensce Issue,when I opening the NPrinting Designer it ask me to update the License and the NPrinting Report is not sended. And then i have updated the NPrinting license and now its working fine. I don't knew why the NPrinting designer is asking me to update license often.

Please Help me regarding this issue.

Thank You......

7 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please remember that installing Qlik NPrinting and Qlik Sense server in the same machine is NOT supported.

The help site page: Installing Qlik NPrinting and Qlik Sense on the same computer ‒ Qlik NPrinting ‌states:"In a production environment, Qlik NPrinting Server and Qlik NPrinting Engine will consume all of the available resources of the computer that they are installed on. If Qlik Sense is installed on the same computer as Qlik NPrinting Qlik Sense may crash due to a lack of available resources, and no reports will be delivered. Currently, Qlik NPrinting Server, Qlik NPrinting Engine and Qlik Sense do not have an internal system to limit their usage or resources.".

So, you must install Qlik NPrinting and Qlik Sense server on two different machines to use them in production. You can install them on the same machine just for demo reasons.

About the license issue, could you post a screenshot of the error message you get? Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
hemachandran
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Thanks for your response...

I have attached the screenshot that occurs when i open the NPrinting designer.

Screenshot.JPG

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshot. This is not the Qlik NPrinting Desiger, this is the Qlik NPrinting Web Console.

To activate Qlik NPrinting you must insert your license key as explained in the page: Licensing Qlik NPrinting ‒ Qlik NPrinting

The Qlik NPrinting Designer (the tool used to develop report templates) never asks for a license activation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
hemachandran
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I have entered the license but its often ask to update the license. Before 10 days I have update the license and again its ask me to update.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Thanks for the information.

Please check the logs to verify if there are some specific error messages Logging ‒ Qlik NPrinting. If you find somthing post them here. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
hemachandran
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I have this message in the log file

License expiration is close. Checking for license update...

License is unchanged on server.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I would to suggest (in order):

1. check that the license is not expired
  2. based on the help site page Qlik NPrinting License activation error ‒ Qlik NPrinting the solution is to reactivate the license
  3. if after reactivating the license will be de-activated, please contact the support guys because it needs a deeper investigation than the one we can do in the community.

Best Regards,
Ruggero