Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fionna51
Creator
Creator

NP 17 add page to cycle multiple slides for Excel report

Hi,

We are using NP 16 which has cycling. We send email to user for each entity, for example if one user has measure data for one entity, then in the email this entity report will be as an attachment. If the user has access to two entities, then in the email two separate Excel reports are attached. Obviously we are using cycle field feature in NP 16 to handle this.

However we may need to work around on cycling for coming NP 17 upgrade, we got a help link from Qlik discussed about the work around. "There is a workaround to cycling in the meantime: https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-17517 "

For Excel report, we can use either Page or Level. But, there are 8-10 slides in our report, I did not find any post if Page can be added to cycle multiple slides? I tried to add Page (entity field) to each slide, it looks so bad. For every slide, it cycled all entities.

I found that PPT report can use Page to cycle multiple slides, although this is still not as good as current cycling which can build separate reports for same user, at least user can see n slides for first entity then n slides for second entity. If it is possible to add Page to cycle multiple slides for Excel report? Or, do you guys have any better idea how to deal with it?

Thanks a lot.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Cycling is available in the tech preview available here:

Download the Technical Preview

It is planned to be GA late September.

Let me know if you have difficulty accessing the tech preview page

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Fion,

To be honest i am very frustrated with lack of cycle functionality and my only advice at the moment is "wait for this feature" to appear in NPrinting 17. I was looking for many workarounds, things i could do differently with Levels and Pages, Filters Users etc.. and at the end it was still bad!!! or should i say not as good as it should be!

How urgent is an upgrade? Can you wait for next NPrinting release? The aim is (at least that what officials are saying) to bring as many features as possible from NPrinting 16 to 17.

I decided to wait as current workarounds are creating lots of work, issues and confusion and it should be as simple as build in feature.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
fionna51
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

I cannot agree more, I already spent a lot of time on it and haven't got what I want. I will convince my manager to  "wait for this feature" to appear in NPrinting 17. Your advice is really helpful.

Thank you very much.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi

Just quick note just ot clarify-I am not sure whether the cyclic functionality will be a part of coming next Nprinting release. I only know it is on roadmap. We need somebody from Qlik to unveil this secret information

Regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
fionna51
Creator
Creator
Author

It's said cycling will be in September release.

Not applicable

Not applicable

fionna51
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Aran,

Good to know it's planned to be GA late September, thank you very much. Seems I don't have proper rights to access the link you sent. I got this "Access to this place or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here."

Not applicable

were you logged into community?

fionna51
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes, I logged in.