cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Desktop install failed on Windows 7 64 bit machine

Hello,

IT just tried to install Qlik Sense Desktop on my Windows 7 64 bit machine and it has failed 3 times.  It was first tried twice using my Windows account and I am not an admin, then IT logged in as admin, tried again and it failed again. 

I see logs in folder >> C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp, but there is no C\Programdata folder.  Will clearing this data and running install again help?

Any general advice for a successful install?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
image242
Creator
Creator

Hi Jessica,

Could you have your admin try to install it on another desktop via an admin account? If that works, then it's a permission issue on your desktop and they should be able to figure it out. If it fails again, then I would suggest having your admin download the .exe again via his/hers admin account.

Hope that helps,

Jason

View solution in original post

3 Replies
image242
Creator
Creator

Hi Jessica,

Could you have your admin try to install it on another desktop via an admin account? If that works, then it's a permission issue on your desktop and they should be able to figure it out. If it fails again, then I would suggest having your admin download the .exe again via his/hers admin account.

Hope that helps,

Jason

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Jason.  That worked.  The IT Admin signed in to a  "local" admin account and not over the network and that has resolved the issue and  Qlik Sense Desktop installed without fail.

image242
Creator
Creator

Fantastic! Glad it worked.

Jason