cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting - Edit Template does not work after upgrading to 17.4

Hello Community

I have following issue, after upgrading NPrinting from 17.3 to 17.4.

After hitting the button "Edit Template" under "Reports" and after allow to access the NPrinting Server the following screen appears.

Does anyone of you have had the same Problems?

Best regards

Robert

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, of course. That is what is so strange about it

(installed Applications on the Server)

lauranvh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Do you open NPrinting Designer on the same server or via a workstation?

If you open on your own workstation or something you have to update the Designer on that as well. It's a local program

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No, the application is opened and run over the server. The application is not installed on the Desktop, local and virtualized.

czm
Employee
Employee

Hi Robert,

for some reason you are running the designer of NP 17.3.0.0
Have you uninstalled it and then installed the new one that you can download from qlik website? The splash screen must say June 2017 for NP 17.4 designer.

The new designer must be installed in all developer's machines (it is useless on the server machine, apart if that is the only machine you use to edit your templates).

Best regards,
Carlo

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Carlo

It is the only machine (server) where the application is running on (designer). The developers are using a web browser the get access to the server

czm
Employee
Employee

Hi Robert,

sorry if I repeat something or if I've not understood the situation, but just to be clear: the designer is not a web app, so when you press "Edit template" the designer is running on your machine (the one I was referring with "developer machine"), not on the server on which NP (server and/or engine) is installed.

So as far as I know to run the designer on the server you have to do a remote desktop connection (e.g., using RDP or team viewer) to the server, navigate the NP Web Console, press edit template and then you will use the designer installed on the server machine (but you can edit the template in a simpler way installing the designer on whatever development machine and then navigating the Web console from this development machine, pressing edit template etc.).

I'm wondering if you are "clicking edit template" from a machine in which is installed an old designer. Or maybe I've simply not understood the situation correctly.

Thanks
Carlo