Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chriys1337
Creator III
Creator III

QDF VariableEditor Create Container Error

Hi,

I have installed the QDF and just wanted to try to go through the exercises, but i get stuck at Exercise Number 1 already.

I filled out the Container Folder Name, Variable Prefix and Container Comment on the VariableEditor.qvw (Variable Editor.cmd to run with admin rights) and than on the button "Update Map and create Containers".

The message which I get is "Execution of script failed. Reload old data"

If I click yes, it jumps to a Edit Module window, which dos not help me further.

I tried the exercise on two different installations, and the same error occurred. Can anybody please assist?

Regards,

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Christian

1- As of version 1.6 you can create containers through the deployment executable. I find this much easier to use than the variable editor. Also as a side note I manage variables through a text editor rather than the variable editor. However this is a digression.

2. The issue is being caused by permissions. I have seen this caused when

* the windows folder permissions do not allow full access so check this.

* however more likely is that you need to set the security permissions as per this link:

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-16222

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Christian

1- As of version 1.6 you can create containers through the deployment executable. I find this much easier to use than the variable editor. Also as a side note I manage variables through a text editor rather than the variable editor. However this is a digression.

2. The issue is being caused by permissions. I have seen this caused when

* the windows folder permissions do not allow full access so check this.

* however more likely is that you need to set the security permissions as per this link:

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-16222

jsobrinho
Creator
Creator

HI dwa

Can you help me? I have the same error in this link: QDF VariableEditor Create Container Error