Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Number formatting in document properties

For a couple of fields we change the Default Format "mixed" to whatever we need in "Setting Document Properties\Numbers".

From time to time these Settings are lost and the mixed format is defined again for these fields.

As it is not possible that our team changes these settings, does anybody knows about any circumstances how this may happen?

Our customer then complains that the numbers again are wrong (e.g. 60000 instead 60.000).
As we have a lot of fields it would be a cumbersome job to control the fields which require another format than mixed.

And even then we don't know when and where it happens that the format changes again.

We are using Qlikview 11.20 SR 12 (soon we migrate to Qlikview 12). On Server we use Publisher in same Version.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Rudolf

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Rather changing the default number format, Why can't we go Num() for the data points??

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

my example was not the best one. if we have an Expression, we would Format the Expression in Chart/table in tab numbers.but there are a lot of fields which we use as dimension.

A better example is a data function. We get data in Format YYYY-MM-DD. Qlikview defines as mixed and Shows exactly that way. We define as date in required Format "DD.MM.YYYY'. I prefer to use the formatting Options of qlikview instead of overwriting in dimension or expressions (num(field1,'#.##0'))

My question is why Qlikview loses the format Settings in document properties.

chinnuchinni
Creator III
Creator III

once check with the variable

SET MoneyThousandSep=',';

Anil_Babu_Samineni

i got your question earlier, But my intention is different.

Anyhow - Are you applying this for Field and Variable? If you are considering as Variable and Field then it could be the reason some mis understand to troubleshoot. What if, we were re setup the same and using? Does this working, Because it may the cause of Triggers stating in your document as i feel. If not, Wait some time they may offer you as better. I am recommending him to look this thread marcus_sommer

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Kushal_Chawda

I have also used the the Number tab for changing the format of one of the field but I am not facing such issue.

This line took from Qlik help

Check the Survive Reload option if the formatting is to apply to the document permanently.

Document Properties: Number ‒ QlikView

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

my settings are defined, nethertheless I Need to overwrite some field settings

// Standard-QV-Formateinstellungen

SET ThousandSep='.';

SET DecimalSep=',';

SET MoneyThousandSep='.';

SET MoneyDecimalSep=',';

SET MoneyFormat='#.##0,00 €;-#.##0,00 €';

SET TimeFormat='hh:mm:ss';

SET DateFormat='DD.MM.YYYY';

SET TimestampFormat='DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm:ss[.fff]';

SET MonthNames='Jan;Feb;Mrz;Apr;Mai;Jun;Jul;Aug;Sep;Okt;Nov;Dez';

SET DayNames='Mo;Di;Mi;Do;Fr;Sa;So';

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We only define fields (no variables). We donot have field or variable triggers

marcus_sommer

AFAIK if a field don't contained only numeric fieldvalues it will be treated as "mixed" format. A single fieldvalue which has a different format respectively not correct interpreted format or maybe is missing or NULL could be enough. But normaly should a defined formating not change whereby I'm not sure what happens if there are scenarios where this field isn't loaded (completely) maybe by some testings or load-errors without canceling or maybe a load without data.

I won't say that I haven't had this case but at moment I don't remember one so that I'm sure it's rather a rarely occurance whereby this isn't very helpful for you.

If you couldn't find a reasonable explanation with the above hint of uncompleted loadings I would try to secure that the field is always filled and numeric maybe with some if-loop or an alt-function like alt(field, 0) as field. Further I could imagine to keep this field always pure numeric without any formatting like 42942 instead of 26.07.2017 and defining all formatting within the document properties.

- Marcus