Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
betthisisnttake
Contributor III
Contributor III

Upgrade from v3.0 to June 2017 - do i have to manually upgrade pgSQL 9.3 to pgSQL 9.6 or will the installation do this?

Hi all,

I am about to embark on step 12 - 'uninstall QlikSense' of the process for 'upgrading from versions prior to 3.1 to June 2017'.

Do I have to manually upgrade the windows server from postgreSQL 9.3 to postgreSQL 9.6 prior to uninstalling the old Qlik Sense version or will the installation do this for me automatically?

If I do have to do this postgreSQL upgrade manually, prior to removing the old version and installing the new one, does anyone have a procedure that has worked for them and resulted in a successful installation?

Any thoughts most appreciated,

Louise

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
image242
Creator
Creator

Hi Louise,

I would recommend upgrading to version 3.2.4 first, then to June 2017. Then everything will be created automatically by the installs.

Jason

View solution in original post

14 Replies
image242
Creator
Creator

Hi Louise,

I would recommend upgrading to version 3.2.4 first, then to June 2017. Then everything will be created automatically by the installs.

Jason

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Louise - I would agree with upgrading to 3.2.4 first then to June 2017 release.  If this is not possible then you should at least try to replicate the process on a development environment first.  I had upgraded to June release on our dev environment and it is actually fairly simple.  I did not have to upgrade postgres separately but I am thinking I was already on some version of 3.2 in development at that point.  There are lot of docs on 'pg_upgrade' utility which allows you to upgrade to a major release of postgres (PostgreSQL: Documentation: 9.6: pg_upgrade).

Good luck,

Pranav

prithviram777
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Louise,

you can just upgrade to June 2017, your PostgreSql will automatically get updated.

Prithvi

betthisisnttake
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi everyone - thanks for the replies - i appreciate the help. In the end i upgraded to version 3.1.6 as a stepping stone and then to June 2017. The only problem is that only 2 of the apps (out of 98) migrated successfully. I can't figure out how to get around this. I will open a new question on it. Again thanks for the help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Were those 2 apps created by your end users or the built-in Qlik apps?  You might have to re-point to the network file share where all your apps are stored.

betthisisnttake
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Many thanks I didn't have to go as far as 3.2.4 the 3.1.6 upgrade got me out of the synchronised/shared persistence pain and then once I was on 3.1.6. i could run the June 17 upgrade so it did the pgsql 9.6 upgrade automatically.  The only problem is only 2 apps migrated - so unless I can do a workaround I have a couple of long boring days next week, manually imported them and re-assigning owners. Have tested this for one of them and it works fine, all visualisations are good.

betthisisnttake
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

They were sa repository(internal/sa repository) apps , none of the created apps migrated and forced manual migration made no difference. When i go into the configuration engine settings i cant change the folder to point to (see attached picture) - it is greyed and there is a blue message saying 'this setting is only useful when running in legacy mode'. The folder it points to doesn't contain the binary versions of the apps, they are in a different folder.

engine.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Louise - Have a look at this thread (how change app folder in sense server?).  Might be helpful.

betthisisnttake
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Pranav - will do. Will try with fresh eyes next week.