Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problems with scheduled reloads after upgrading to SR3 (QVS10)

After upgrading my QV Server 10 to SR3 I realized that my scheduled reload tasks were not executed.

I can imagine that the problem is caused by see image in the attached file (sorry, I wasn't able to paste it here): although I have scheduled a daily task to be executed everyday at 19:00 it won't start until January 2012.

Any ideas?

18 Replies
elbertfjr22
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Guys,

I think I found some workaround to this issue. (But this should not be a permanent solution. Not sure how they missed this common function of reloading.)

On my case I only get the "Index was out of range..." error when I'm using the QEMC. (I guest we all have stopped using the QMC.) When I use the QMC, I don't get the error. So from QMC I can run the reload.

After running a successful reload on QMC, I no longer get the error on QEMC. Somehow it fixes the error after the reload. Now our issue is the Started/Scheduled date (showing 1/1/2012). For my usually daily schedule, I use Hourly instead, then set it to 24 hours inverval (equivalent to 1 day). Now the date is showing OK. But I have few Monthly schedule. Don't know how I can do a work around for this monthly ones.

Elbert

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

You are completely right. I'm using Chrome as browser to use the QEMC, and if I set the document to reload daily, it keeps waiting to allegedly Jan 1, 2012. Besides, there are some checkboxes that, although they are unchecked (i. e. "Automatic Refresh of Task List") and not working, they keep being shown as checked, or at least they take too much to display properly.

Anyway, there's a EnableDateTime field in the WorkOrder.xml file in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService witihin the xml entry named ScheduleTrigger and all of them are set to "2012-01-01 00:00:00Z"

It's worth opening a support case to QlikTech. If you don't have done it yet, let me know and I will open the case.

I'm trying the Console with IE 8 and seems to work better.

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi all,

I've submitted this as a support case and it has been accepted as a "high priority" bug.

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Carlos and all,

I had a rough morning due to this too, after I upgraded on the weekend and then found all my morning reports using old data bc the reloads didn't fire. I don't use section access.

I just tried the 24 hour workaround mentioned above and it seems to be the only thing that works.

Tried chrome, ff and ie with QEMC and found that I only encounter the Index out of Range error in IE.

I hope this get resolved quickly - QV should remove the SR3 download to prevent others from experiencing disruptions!

Jouni

peterwh
Creator II
Creator II

Hello All,

despite the problems described in this thread I decided to install SR3 and I hadn't such problems. Maybe I can deliver some points to find out what the difference between my and your installations is. This could make it easier to find a solution (for QlikTech).

1. We have a Server and a Publisher license.

2. Before SR3 we only had SR1 installed, so we skipped SR2 completely.

3. First I made an uninstall of SR1 and then I installed SR3 (so no update-installation which is possible too, given the message you get if you start setup.exe)

4. For QEMC I only use IE8 on WinXP and I don't get a Index out of Range error.

5. Nearly every document for users has Section Access which gets loaded from our QV-Server, our "Datareaders" don't have Section Access, so we have a nice mix of Section Access and No Section-Access qvw's.

Kind regards

Peter

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Poor show, QlikTech. In v10SR2 (Desktop) the limited load function didn't work.  In v10SR3 (Server) we have this issue where daily reloads (which most of us will use) doesn't work!  2 ridiculously obvious bugs that fell through QA.

Thanks for the workaround, Elbert - I'm trying that now.

I have this issue whatever browser I use (tested Chrome and IE9)

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

This issue has been fixed. Qliktech Releases new build for the same today.

You can download it from downloads section.

If you are registered as Partner or Customers.

Hope it helps.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

I just did a fresh upgrade with a new version and am having this same problem!

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Mark,

Please make sure you are running QVS version 10.0.9061.7 (the update for SR3 where the problem got fixed) and get back to the post should the problem persists.

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica