cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mauricebol
Contributor II
Contributor II

Nprinting Filters do not work on whole report in 17.3.1

We just upgraded to Nprinting 17.3.1 and now existing filters do not work properly anymore. For instance we have a word report with 2 charts from the same qlikview dashboard. Both charts need the same filter on it, so we placed the filter on the report. Now it only filters on one of the charts (in 17.2 it worked on both). As a workaround I created a second (identical) filter and filtered chart1 with filter 1 and chart 2 with filter 2 and that works ok, but it shouldn't work like that. Making identical filter seems silly.

10 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

are the 2 charts sourced from seperate connections?

That's the only reason why I'd think your report filter wouldn't work for both.

Have you tried applying your filter in the dashboard and checking your chart results?

Not applicable

Does the filter work if you execute the Task; what about preview?

If not, this may be a bug so I would recommend contacting the support team.

Best

Aran Nathanson

mauricebol
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the suggestion, but both charts are from the same connection and dashboard. The filtering used to work fine in 17.2

mauricebol
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

In preview and via task I get the same result. I tried putting the filter on the task, on the report and on both charts, all resulting in the same faulty report. The first chart with filtered results and the second without. I'll contact support. Thanks.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I was suggesting you apply the fitler in your dashboard only.  Then check your 2 charts in the dashboard not NPrinting.

Have there been changes to the dashboard which requires a connection refresh?

Have you updated the 2 chart objects in your reports?

Is there another filter applied at either user or publishing level that combined with your report filter it effect one chart more than the other?

what type of filter are you applying? can you share an example?

juan_troielli
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

By any chance, did you get an answer? I am having the same issue.

mauricebol
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

No, I still use a workaround by using several identical filters for each chart in the report.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

is it QLiksense Np or Qlikview Np,

There is issue with filtering  sometimes it will work some times it not,

you can give the filter when you preview it, and remove the filter at report level  when you schedule  it. in task you can ad the filter.

mauricebol
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

It's on Qlikview.

I tried filters on report and task level. Both didn't work as they should and only filtered one of the charts.