cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Variable in on demand QV don´t change value in report

Hi,

In dependence of a variable vCurrency we want to change the result column from € to  £ values via a currency button (via action "set variable value"). This works fine in QV on demand.

In NPrinting we have the result after reload and last cache rebuild. Nothing changes in the NPrinting report after clicking on the currency button and new report generation. The variable value remains on the same value after reload, the values of the reult column are of the wrong currency.

We use 17.3.

Do we something wrong? When not will this problem be fixed in June or September 2017 version?

Thanks for Information.

Regards

Michael

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Michael.

I do not think variables can be transfered as a selection in On Demand NPrinting reporting.

Only as a workaround - my suggestion is to replace your variable toggle to field (data island toggle) which will controll your variable value in QV.

Then when changing/ selecting currency from field/listbox your seleciton will be carried over (as are any other filters) and applied on variable in  OnDemand NPrinting report.

see more here (on bottom of this topic i explained a concept):

Variable filters in NPrinting V17

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Michael.

I do not think variables can be transfered as a selection in On Demand NPrinting reporting.

Only as a workaround - my suggestion is to replace your variable toggle to field (data island toggle) which will controll your variable value in QV.

Then when changing/ selecting currency from field/listbox your seleciton will be carried over (as are any other filters) and applied on variable in  OnDemand NPrinting report.

see more here (on bottom of this topic i explained a concept):

Variable filters in NPrinting V17

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Lech,

Thank you for the information.

Your solution with data island fields works in any case!

I think it is a little bit more complicated as using a variable but it's ok.

So i will forget the variable section in report designer for this moment.

Thanks a lot

Michael

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

no worries - i am glad i could help

cheers

Lech