Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access to Qlik Sense trough Excel file

Hello,

we currently have the Qlik Sense environment connected to our Active Directory for the user's access.

For a specific part of our business, we also need to give access on the tool to users not mapped on the domain: is there a possiliby to achieve this? For instance, the perfect thing for us will be to have the authorization and autentication managed trough ODBC (Excel file) together with the Active Directory already in place.

Thanks!

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcello - You should be able to manage them via ODBC excel UDC.  Local computer accounts can be used by the users to login and you should be able to then setup appropriate user permissions within Qlik.

Pranav

Not applicable
Author

Hi Pranav,

thanks for the answer.

Do you mean that I can map into my Excel those users? It not clear to me the relationship between the Excel file and the local computer accounts....

Thanks!

Marcello

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcello - Have a look at this video (Qlik Sense Platform - Qlik Management Console - User Directory Connector - Part 5 - YouTube).  I think this is what you are after?

Pranav

Not applicable
Author

Hi Pranav,

in the video it's remarked that the UDC does not provide the authentication.

In order word, I was able to map my excel_user_1 and I assigned a token to him, but now how can grant access?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcello - You might have to create a landing page for such users and or use web tickets/HTTP header injection to authenticate such users.

Pranav

Not applicable
Author

Hi Pranav, it's something possible from QMC or it require an ad hoc development?

Thanks for your patience and support

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Little bit of both i'm afraid.